👉 Instant Confirmation
👉 Receive E-ticket via Email
👉 Show Health Code (sui shen ma) & Reservation Code on Arrival
👉 Free Entry for Children Under 1.3 m
👉 No Cancellation
"To kick start a five year collaboration between the Centre Pompidou (Paris) and the West Bund Museum (Shanghai), the 18-month opening exhibition titled The Shape of Time: Highlights of the Centre Pompidou Collection vol.1 will be on display until May 2021. Expect a comprehensive introduction to contemporary and modern art history through more than 100 masterpieces from the world's major artists including Duchamp, Picasso, Kandinsky, Miro, Beuys, Ding Yi, Cai Guo-qiang and Li Yongbin." - Time Out Shanghai
THE SHAPE OF TIME - HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CENTRE POMPIDOU COLLECTION VOL.I
Venue: West Bund Museum, Gallery No. 2 & No. 3
Curator: Marcella Lista
Project Curator: Centre Pompidou x West Bund Museum Project
“The Shape of Time” is the first tour, embracing the 20th and 21st centuries which will be open to visitors as of November 2019 at the Centre Pompidou x West Bund Museum Project. Bringing together more than one hundred major works from the Centre Pompidou, the project is an introduction to the history of a collection, and that of the European context where it was created. In the course of eleven chapters, this opening exhibition rolls out a vision of the conception and representations of time in the visual arts over more than a century.
● Modern Times: Art and the Industrial City in the Early 20th Century
● Rhythm and Resonance: Abstract Painting in the 1920s and 1930s
● Night for Day: Archaic Dreams between the Two World Wars
● Writing the Self: Gestural Abstractions after 1945
● Passages: Writing, Marking, Noting
● Balancing Acts: Inhabiting Space and Time
● Eye and Body in Motion: Optical and Kinetic Art
● Matter and Memory: The Present of the Archive
● Nature at Work: Topographies of Change
● Exposures: Painting in the Age of Photography
● Shifting States: Transitions in the Global Sphere
Dates: 2019.11.08 - 2021.05.09
The venue is closed on Mondays but opens on public holidays.
Opening Hours: 10:00 - 17:00 (admission close at 16:00)
￥70 Weekday Ticket
￥80 Weekend Ticket
Free for one child under 1.3m when accompanied by an adult with a ticket.
After buying please scan the QR code to reserve your date for the exhibition and avoid the queue!
If you are on your mobile browser, save the image, send it to yourself on WeChat and hold down to scan!*
If you can’t make your time slot or have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us on live chat which you'll find at the bottom right of the screen.
*If you do not have WeChat, click here.