👉 June 19 2021 - October 10, 2021
👉 Children under 90cm can enter for free
👉 Pets can be admitted on 'cat open days'
Exhibition name: CAT ART Cat Art Museum-World Famous Paintings, Comprehensive Meowing by Shu Yamamoto
Exhibition period: June 19, 2021-October 7, 2021
Exhibition time: Monday to Sunday 10:00-18:00 (no admission after 17:00)
Exhibition venue: 8th Bridge Art Space·1908 Granary
Transportation: No. 1247, Nansuzhou Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai (Walk 220m from Exit 1 of Xinzha Road Station, Metro Line 1)
Limited Friday ticket: Only 1 adult and 1 pet cat can enter the venue.
The pre-sale period is from June 1, 2021 to June 18, 2021. When you buy a ticket, each ticket will give you a limited number of cat sticks.
·Children under 90 cm (including 90 cm) can enter the venue for free when accompanied by an adult, and the accompanying persons are not exempt from tickets.
·Preferential tickets can be purchased on the spot with certificates for the elderly over 65, the disabled, and military martyrs.
·Except for the cat open days announced by the organizer, pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed to enter the venue; however, owners should assess the condition of their cats, and comply with non-landing regulations, and place cats in cages, backpacks, and other spaces. Pet carts cannot be admitted.
Cat Lovers Assemble!
After touring its way around Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong, the Cat Art exhibition by Shu Yamamoto has finally landed in Shanghai! In case you hadn't guessed, this exhibition is all about... cats! Shu Yamamoto has recreated world-renowned artworks, each with a cute, feline twist. The show features over 60 paintings.
The CATKISS ticket set is specially on sale for this exhibition
(Original price: RMB 200; During the exhibition: RMB 150)
including 1x full price ticket and 1x CATKISS Lipbalm
(pick up at door using the ticket)
Ancient art·Nike of Samewthrace
Renaissance art·Mewna Lisa
Baroque· The Kitty With the Pearl Earring
Realism·The Catnip Gleaners
20th Century Art·The Dream
Asian art·At a Lakeshore
Shu Yamamoto was born in Yokohama, Japan.
He had graduated from the Aichi Prefectural University of the Art and Music, earned a BA in industrial design. He Immigrated to Canada in 1973 and worked as a freelance illustrator. After 10 years in Canada, he moved to America in 1983 where he has lived since with his wife and children. His cat project started in 2007 when he saw a color pencil drawing done by one of his children. It was an imitation of the self portrait of Van Gogh. All was done in Van Gogh style, but the only difference was Van Gogh’s face was replaced with a cat’s face.
That gave Shu a thought: It works great on this, but would it work on other paintings? Since then he hasn’t stopped painting cats in a similar manner replicating works of tart but changing the characters into felines. So far 500 paitings have been done either on canvas or on illustration boards.
Limited Friday Ticket:
1 ticket for 1 person and must bring 1 cat to enter
Friday only, 10:00-18:00 during the exhibition period (admission closes at 17:00)
All ticket types are not allowed to bring cats in during the show except for Friday Tickets (1 ticket for 1 person and 1 cat).
Chinese Valentines Ticket:
On sale August 2, 2021 - August 6, 2021.
Only available to be used from August 7, 2021 - August 14, 2021.
For standard admission and students.
Valid for 2 persons per ticket for 1 admission.
1. The e-ticket needs to be verified at the ticket office and exchanged for a paper ticket before entering the venue with the paper ticket.
2. All ticket types are valid for one person, one ticket, one entry. Once sold, tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Those who fail to come to the site to verify and exchange after the expiration date will be deemed to have automatically given up, and the organizer will not make any refunds or exchanges.
3. It is forbidden to take photos of the exhibits in this exhibition, please respect the intellectual property rights of the exhibition and the copyright of the works. In other areas open to taking pictures, in order to protect the rights and interests of others, the use of flashlights, tripods and selfie sticks are prohibited when taking pictures.
4. It is strictly forbidden to bring dangerous goods, flammable and explosive materials, drinks, food and long-handled umbrellas into the venue. Please keep your personal belongings by yourself. This exhibition does not bear storage and custody responsibilities.
5. Obey the management of the on-site management personnel. If the relevant regulations on the site are violated, the manager has the right to persuade to leave the venue. All activity areas are banned from smoking and eating.
6. If the exhibits, equipment or materials in the exhibition hall are damaged during the exhibition, the organizer has the right to claim compensation based on its value, and reserves the right to pursue legal liabilities.
7. In order to ensure the personal safety of visitors, the organizer may adopt temporary on-site flow restriction measures during peak flow of people. If it affects your normal visit, please understand.
8. Due to natural disasters or force majeure factors, the activity time delays, lapses, or can not be carried out normally, the organizer has the final right of interpretation.
9. After purchasing or holding the ticket, it is regarded as a tacit consent and acceptance of all regulations of this exhibition.
10. If there are any uncovered matters in the above matters, the on-site organizer's announcement shall prevail. At the same time, the organizer reserves the right to explain of the event.