- No Cancellation
- Receive Tickets via Express Delivery
- All Attendees Require a Ticket
Karen Benjamin has over twenty-five years of performing experience in musical theatre, opera, cabaret and jazz. Ms. Benjamin was an original cast member of the Los Angeles production of Phantom of the Opera starring Michael Crawford. She also starred in a Stephen Sondheim tribute with the legendary George Hearn for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.
Her extremely versatile soprano has sung French cabaret songs at the Getty Center in Los Angeles, performed the songs of Kurt Weill with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Chamber Society and appeared as an orchestral soloist with major orchestras. Ms. Benjamin created the role of Rocket J. Squirrel in LA Opera's production of Les Moose: The Operatic Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. She has produced and performed in two art songs recitals, Music of the People: Songs of 19th Century America and Chick Songs: Art Songs by Women Composers.
Mr. Chapman is also active as a composer/lyricist. His songs have been performed and recorded by many artists around the world and have been honored by ASCA, the Johnny Mercer Foundation, and the Manhattan Association of Cabarets. His children's opera Les Moose: The Operatic Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle was commissioned by LA Opera for its 1997-98 season.
Alan Chapman is a composer/lyricist, pianist, radio host (Classical KUSC - 91.5 FM) and educator. He is currently a member of the music theory faculty of the Colburn Conservatory and was a longtime member of the music faculty at Occidental College and well known as a pre-concert lecturer.
Jake Chapman is a vibraphonist, pianist, and composer based in New York City. He holds a BA in music and computer science from Columbia University, where he graduated magna cum laude; Jake also studied jazz vibraphone at Juilliard.
Jake has performed with many jazz luminaries such as Steve Nelson, Peter Erskine, Ron Blake, Jon Faddis, Gil Goldstein, and Ulysses Owens Jr. His jazz awards include a Yamaha Young Performing Artist award and an ASCAP Young Jazz Composers Award. In addition to his work as a vibraphonist and pianist across multiple genres.
Jake is also a composer and lyricist of musical theatre. Jake is a member of the renowned BMI Musical Theatre Workshop, and has had his songs and shows performed at numerous venues in New York City.
Molly Chapman, a 22-year-old singer/songwriter from Los Angeles. A graduate of NYU’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study. Southern California appearances have included the House of Blues, Whisky A Go Go, Dodger Stadium, Staples Center, the Japan America Theatre (as a contributing songwriter for “Carmen High,” an adaptation of Bizet’s opera), Hollywood Bowl (as a backup singer for Dee Dee Bridgewater and Martina McBride).
1. Richard Rodgers - The Rodgers Medley
2. Giacomo Puccini - Quando M’en Vo from “La Bohème”
3. Christoph Willibald von Gluck - O Del Mio Dolce Ardor from“Paride ed Elena”
4. Irving Berlin - You’re Just in Love
5. Sunrise, Sunset - from “Fiddler on the Roof”
6. The Apple Doesn’t Fall - from “The Rink”
7. Bach - Partita
8. I Dreamed A Dream - from“ Les Misérables”
9. I’m Beginning to See the Light
10. Disney Medley
11. Kingdom of Love
13. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
14. What the World Needs Now is Love
- Intermission -
1. Let the River Run - from Working Girl
2. Giacomo Puccini - O Mio Babbino Caro from“Gianni Schicchi”
3. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Là Ci Darem La Mano from“Don Giovanni”
4. I Can’t Make You Love Me
5. Surrey with the Fringe on Top - from “Oklahoma”
6. All I Ask of You - from “Phantom of the Opera”
7. The Moon Represents My Heart
8. Memory - from “Cats”
9. The Impossible Dream - from “Man of La Mancha”
10. Que Sera, Sera