Hao Art Museum (1.31 - 2.4) Closed
3/F Joan · Cornella: Send Yourself Nowhere But Shanghai
Duration: December 11, 2021 - March 13, 2022
HOW Art Museum is honored to announce that on December 11, 2021, in collaboration with AllRightsReserved, HOW Art Museum (Shanghai) will present "Send Yourself Nowhere But Shanghai", the first large-scale solo exhibition of Spanish artist Joan Cornellà in China.
The exhibition organized by AllRightsReserved will debut Cornellà’s new sculptural artwork and 11 acrylic-on-canvas paintings. The art pieces bring back Cornellà’s iconic cartoon figures imbued with his jarring surreal humor. The bright dystopian visuals include quotes such as “Nothing Is Possible,” “Send Yourself Nowhere” and “No One is Missing You.” As the pandemic has made in-person travel difficult, Cornella’s “Send Yourself Nowhere But Shanghai” exhibition brings viewers on a fantasy trip of his imagination through a bizarre contrast between fantasy and reality.
The exhibition will run until March 13, 2022.
Send yourself nowhere, 145cm x 200cm x 4cm, 2021
Nothing is possible, 145cm x 200cm x 4cm, 2021
Doubah, 164cm x 180cm x 5cm, 2021
Say yes, 145cm x 200cm x 5cm, 2021
About HOW Art Museum
How Art Museum (Shanghai) is a brand new cultural institution with contemporary art collection, exhibition, research and education functions. It is located in Pudong, Shanghai. It has three floors of exhibition and event spaces with a total area of about 7,000 square meters. It was officially opened in September 2017. Open, pioneering the operation mode of "Night Art Museum". Out of consideration for the public, How Art Museum will resume night operations from June 18, 2021. The regular opening hours are from Tuesday to Friday from 1 pm to 10 pm, and the opening hours are 10 am on weekends and holidays. Until 10 o'clock in the evening, the museum is closed on Monday.
How Art Museum (Shanghai) continues to present a wealth of public education and outdoor art projects to the public, focusing on crossovers in many fields such as art, design and technology, and establishing an international exchange and display platform. How Art Museum has held international exchange projects and outdoor activities such as "International Curator Residency Project", "Outdoor Film Festival", "Sculpture Park", etc., in order to establish a brand-new art complex and a new landmark in Pudong.
1st Floor Kongshanji: Metropolis
2nd Floor Joseph Beuys & Beuys Zhang Yu: Press and Trigger
3rd Floor Joan · Cornella: Send Yourself Nowhere But Shanghai
Open from Tuesday to Friday from 12:00-20:30
(no entry after 20:00)
Weekends and holidays are open from 10:00-20:30
(no entry after 20:00)
Closed every Monday
Day ticket viewing time: Tuesday to Friday 12:00-20:30, weekends and holidays 10:00-20:30
[Full price day pass] ¥100/pp (exhibition on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors)
[3rd floor day ticket] ¥50/pp (exhibition on 2nd & 3rd floors)
Night ticket viewing time: 18:00-20:30
[Full price night pass] ¥80/pp (exhibition on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors)
1. How Art Museum will resume night operations from June 18, 2021, and will be closed on Mondays
2. How Art Museum reserves the right to adjust exhibition hall opening hours and event arrangements
3. Children under 1.2 meters are free of charge. Elderly people over 75 years old and people with disabilities are exempt with valid certificates (valid certificates must be presented at the front desk of How Art Museum); full-time undergraduate students or under and seniors over 65 years old can purchase discounted tickets and must be valid Purchase the certificate at the front desk of How Art Museum
4. Please keep the tickets properly. After entering the museum, please keep the tickets for inspection and other use
5. Once the ticket is sold, it will not be refunded, and it is valid for one entry during the exhibition period
6. It is forbidden to bring food, water, drinks, lighters, strollers, and tripods into the venue
7. Large backpacks and backpacks need to be stored
8. Video and audio recording are not allowed without permission, and the use of strong flashes is prohibited for photography