- If you are making a last minute booking, or your preferred dates are full, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we may still be able to accommodate you- Meeting point will be emailed after purchase- Cancellations within 72 hours of the event will not be refunded- Kids 5 and under are free
The Old Chengdu
In this essential Chengdu Food experience, we will explore an older neighborhood of the city to learn about and taste some of the best it has to offer. We will also hear about the stories behind the food, the history and development of the cuisine and get to enjoy the lively food-culture that makes Chengdu such as special place.
All of our itineraries include a market exploration where we learn about ingredients, food sources and the role the spaces play in the community.
- A typical itinerary looks something like this:
- Guo Kui – spiced meat and/or veggies stuffed in a fresh baked pita-like bread
- Noodles and dumplings, because yeah!
- Explore a local wet-market and see EVERYTHING that goes into making Sichuan Cuisine
- Sample Sichuan peppercorns and seasonal fruits
- Sample local spirits
- Roast rabbit
- More snacks (come hungry)!
- Family style dinner
- Free drinks (including local beer and spirits, woohoo)!
We focus on family-owned, unpretentious and down-to-earth eateries that we feel capture the spirit and atmosphere of the city. Sometimes these are noisy, busy places - but this is all part of the fun.
*Suitable for vegetarians. For any other food restrictions or requirements, please email us directly at email@example.com
*Big groups and private/personal tours are available upon request. Prices vary.
*Our prices are all inclusive of everything we consume along the way. Souvenirs, including spices are not included.
For any other questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org